Monday, May 24, 2010

Dave's birthday ride

In early March, Dave had a birthday & we celebrated in the hippie town of Bolinas 
This was one of our favorites out of a deck of inspirational hippie cards we found inside the house. Unicorns have proven to be an important power animal during our AIDS/Lifecycle training. And we're real good at makin' mistakes!
We drove up to Point Reyes National Seashore with our bikes. The cows were way too close for my comfort!
It was so cold & green & beautiful. Are we in Ireland? 
We were gifted a car and the first thing we did was attach a bike rack to it.

Estero Trailhead.


Dave rolling out.


Self portrait. These cows scared the you-know-what outta me! 
They kept saying mooo! and giving me dirty looks and the young ones would run in front of me.

And this was my 1st time clipping into the bike pedals so of course I fell down.

Pt. Reyes is gorgeous! http://www.nps.gov/
Just throwing back some G2 by the seaside.


And then I slipped on the gravel and couldn't unclip. 
Grab ur knee if you feel stupid!

But we got back up & pedaled past the scary, happy cows.
We come in peace! We come in peace! Srsly, they are terrifying up close.



ouch.
And then we left the pretty park.
LOVE. If you've never been here, go! Camp at Wild Cat campground. Do it! Just try not to think about why it's called Wild Cat.


Birthday boy stroll on a very cold beach.


Our pretend hippie vacation home.
Bolinas, we heart you. 

If you told me we'd be biking up your hills & down Hwy 1 in a few months, I would not believe you. It still makes me a little nauseated to think about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment